No Products in the Cart
The testo 872 thermal imager stands out thanks to its resolution of 320 x 240 pixels, an excellent thermal sensitivity, numerous innovative functions, smartphone connection via the testo Thermography App and the best price-performance ratio of its class.
The testo 872 thermal imager is ideally suited for professional industrial and building thermography - at the same time it ensures your work is both quick and easy. It is versatile to use, for example in industrial and mechanical maintenance or for detecting structural defects. You can generate error-free and objectively comparable infrared images using its handy functions. The IFOV warner, testo ɛ-Assist and testo ScaleAssist mean you can avoid measurement errors and not only effortlessly achieve optimum setting of emissivity (ɛ) and reflected temperature (RTC) for building thermography, but also of thermal image scale.
The testo 872 thermal imager gives you the best possible support for your work in professional industrial and building thermography. Take thermal images quickly, reliably and smartly with the highest image quality, very good thermal sensitivity and innovative functions. The case supplied with the thermal imager means it can be conveniently transported, so it is always there for you when needed.
For even more meaningful thermal images, the thermal imager testo 872 also wirelessly integrates the measurement values of the clamp probe testo 770-3 as well as the thermohygrometer testo 605i (both available as an option).
Technical highlights of the testo 872 thermal imager
The testo 872 thermal imager is characterized by its easy handling and its outstanding image quality. Its technical features are impressive:
The testo 872 thermal imager– smart and networked
The testo 872 thermal imager guarantees wireless communication with mobile terminal devices via WLAN. The testo Thermography App for iOS and Android offers you the possibility of writing and sending reports on site, as well as saving them online, and of using your smartphone or tablet as a second display or for remote control.
The testo 872 delivers even more informative thermal images in combination with the compatible 770-3 clamp meter and testo 605i thermohygrometer. Both are available separately – simply order them straight away along with your testo 872. The thermal imager wirelessly integrates the measurement results of these measuring instruments via Bluetooth. The additional output, current and voltage values of the testo 770-3 clamp meter enable better interpretation of measured temperatures. Measure the air temperature and humidity with the testo 605i humidity measuring instrument and easily detect locations at risk of developing mould using the special humidity palette in the thermal imager via the traffic light principle.
Areas of application of the testo 872 thermal imager
Detect locations at risk of developing mould, pinpoint thermal bridges, discover structural defects or identify overheated connections. The testo 872 thermal imager is ideal for applications in daily maintenance and installation work in trade and industry. Quick, simple and reliable for maintenance and detection of defects.
Ideal for the early identification of imminent malfunctions or defects on plants and machines: Reliably record temperature increases with a thermal imager.
- Fast detection of critical thermal status (so-called HotSpots) during continuing operation
- Avoid expensive damage, downtimes and fire risks on plants and machines
- Electrical maintenance:
Test switching cabinets, electrical conditions, photovoltaic plants
Evaluate heat status in low, medium and high voltage plants
- Mechanical maintenance:
Identify wear on machines
Test motors, bearings, shafts
Detecting structural defects and ensuring construction quality
- Detect potential building defects, prove quality and the implementation of construction measures without contact – with the help of thermal images
- Test air-tightness of windows and doors
- Locate insulation errors and cold bridges in a building shell
- Detect and visualize mould-risk areas
Professional energy consultation
- Analyze building shells, evaluate energy efficiency, identify energy-saving potential with a thermal imager from Testo
- Easy recording and documentation of energy loss from buildings
- Prove faulty insulation and cold bridges without contact, and visualize them in an infrared image
- Localize untight spots in new buildings quickly and easily in combination with Blower Door
Preventing mould formation
- Localize mould-risk areas quickly and easily: These areas are presented in red in the imager display when the imager is in humidity mode
Easy checking of heating systems and installations
- Test heating and air conditioning/ventilation systems: Use a thermal imager to identify irregularities in the temperature distribution quickly and easily
- Localization of the course of heating loops in underfloor heating systems
- Testo radiators for silting
- Measure flow and return temperatures
Localize pipe ruptures
- Reliably determine pipe ruptures with the help of a thermal imager – without unnecessarily opening walls and floors
- Precise localization of leakages in underfloor heating and other inaccessible pipe systems
Locating leaks in flat roofs
- Detection of damp in roofs: Based on temperature differences (such as occur mainly in flat roofs), thermal imagers show areas on the roof with sealed-in moisture or damaged insulation
|Infrared image output
|7.5 to 14 µm
|320 x 240 pixel
|Field of view
|42° x 30°
|Minimum focus distance
|Geometric resolution (IFOV)
|640 x 480 pixels
|Image refresh rate
|Image output visual
|at least 3.1 MP
|Minimum focus distance
|8.9 cm (3.5") TFT, QVGA (320 x 240 pixels)
|IR image / real image
|10 (iron, rainbow, rainbow HC, cold-hot, blue-red, grey, inverted grey, sepia, Testo, iron HT)
|Full screen mode
|via wireless LAN with testo Thermography App
|42° x 30°
|USB 2.0 Micro B
|Communication with the testo Thermography App wireless module BT/WLAN (EU, EFTA, USA, AUS, CDN, TR)
|Measurement value transfer from thermohygrometer testo 605i, clamp meter testo 770-3 (optional) Wireless permit in EU, EFTA, USA, Canada, Australia, Turkey"
|File format image
|.bmt; .jpg; export option in .bmp; .jpg; .png; .csv; .xls
|Internal Memory (2.8 GB)
|-30 to +100°C; 0 to +650°C
|±2 °C, ±2 % of m.v.
|0.01 to 1
|Solar mode – manual
|Input of solar radiation value
|Mean point measurement, hot/cold-spot recognition, Delta T, area measurement (min-max on area)
|Electrical mode - manual
|Input of current, voltage or power
|Humidity mode - manual
|Humidity measurement with humidity measuring instrument
|Automatic measurement value transfer of thermohygrometer testo 605i via Bluetooth (instrument must be ordered separately)
|Electrical measurement with clamp meter
|Automatic measurement value transfer of clamp meter testo 770-3 via Bluetooth (instrument must be ordedered separately)
|-15 to +50 °C
|-30 to +60 °C
|20 to 80 %RH non-condensing
|Housing protection class
|Fast-charging, Li-ion battery can be changed on-site
|In instrument / charger (optional)
|Windows® 10; Windows® 8; Windows® 7
|219 x 96 x 95 mm
|PC - ABS
|bright / normal / dark
|RED: 2014/53/EU; EMC: 2014/30/EU
Buy with 100% confidence knowing your purchase is backed by the full Manufacturer's Warranty. Please register your product with provided warranty card.
Australia-wide Flat Rate shipping of $15.00 per order.
This includes multiple products up to 5kg only.
Additional cost applies for orders over 5kg. Contact us for quotation.