The 55800 leak detector employs a new metal oxide gas sensor for the detection of chlorofluorocarbon gasses and blends. This tin oxide sensor is characterized by high sensitivity and a fast response, upon detecting the presence of extremely small levels of chlorofluorocarbon gases.
Integrated into the design is a powerful microprocessor that automatically selects the best operating conditions for the sensor, to ensure optimum performance. The optimum sensor performance is maintained and monitored throughout the life of the sensor.
- Combustible Gases
- Refrigerants: All CFC’s, HCFC’s & HFC’s
Meets and exceeds J2791 (R134a), J2913 (R1234yf) and EN 14624
- HIGH ≥ 0.05 oz/yr (1.5 g/yr)
- MEDIUM ≥ 0.25 oz/yr (7 g/yr)
- LOW ≥ 0.5 oz/yr (14 g/yr)
- Intelligent tip design that senses the condition of the environment, to eliminate the potential of false alarms.
- Flexible 16” probe for difficult to reach locations
- Progressive LCD with vertical bars corresponding to the magnitude of the detected leak
- Visual indication of the selected sensitivity range
- Detects all refrigerants (CFC’s, HCFC’s, & HFC’s)
- Unit has been tested and approved to work with R1234yf as well as R32 and R410a
- SENSOR LIFE: 2000 hours
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE: 0 to 140˚F
- POWER: Two (2) D Batteries
- BATTERY LIFE: 60 hours continuous use
- WEIGHT: 1 lb. 8 oz
“Super Sensitive Function” allows the unit further sensitizing beyond the standard settings for locating small leaks with gases such as R1234yf and R407C
FEATURES AND CAPABILITIES
- WAIT: This indication flashes whenever the unit is in wait mode. This could occur whenever the unit is turned on or interference is detected
- READY: This indication appears when the unit is ready for use
- INT: This indication appears whenever the microprocessor detects conditions that are not suitable for reliable leak detection. Excessive wind blowing, blocked probe (no airflow), burned-out fan, or a missing or defective sensor that needs to be replaced
- BATTERY SYMBOL: When the battery symbol becomes illuminated this is an indication that the battery is low and needs to be replaced
- H – M – L: High, Medium and Low sensitivity ranges will be displayed accordingly based on the selection made on the keypad
- SIGNAL LEVEL BARS: There are 10 vertical signal level bars on the display corresponding to the level of signal detected by the unit
- ERROR SIGNALS: E1 through E9 indicates diagnostic signals
- ON/OFF: Press the ON/OFF button on the center of the keypad to turn the unit on or off
- VOLUME/MUTE: Press the VOLUME/MUTE button to control the volume of the unit
- H M L SENSITIVITY: Press the H M L SENSITIVITY button to select the desired sensitivity level
- HOLD: Press the HOLD button to freeze the signal bars. Press the HOLD button again to disengage
- PEAK: Press the PEAK button when multiple leaks are suspected as being present
55800: Packaged in a blow molded case with 2 “D” batteries, leak test vial and replacement filters
55800-FILTER: 3 replacement filters
55800-VL: Leak test vial
Buy with 100% confidence knowing your purchase is backed by the full Manufacturer's Warranty.
SCROLL UP AND "ADD TO CART" TODAY.