No Products in the Cart
RectorSeal Jim PR-1L is a high-etch primer for use on both PVC and CPVC pipe, tubing, and socket-type fittings.
How To Use:
1. Store between 40˚F and 110˚F and apply between 15˚F and 120˚F. Use below 40˚F only with proper solvent cement and with extreme care. Protect from freezing.
2. Cut pipe end square and remove ragged edges and burrs. Clean fitting socket and pipe of dirt, grease, and moisture, and check for proper fit. Apply PRIMER as noted below. Primer is not required on ENT pipes and fittings. While still wet, quickly begin solvent cement application.
3. Wear non-permeable gloves during application to avoid skin contact.
4. Apply PRIMER evenly and freely to the socket and then to the pipe end for the length of socket depth using the supplied dauber applicator. Then apply it again to the socket. For pipe greater than 2" in diameter, use natural-bristle brush size to 1/2 pipe diameter. During each application step, keep the dauber or brush wet and moving for about 10 seconds.
5. Temperature and humidity conditions may require repeated applications to one or both surfaces to avoid drying. While still wet, quickly apply proper solvent cement and make up the pipe joint in accordance with the cement's instructions.
Australia-wide Flat Rate shipping of $15.00 per order.
This includes multiple products up to 5kg only.
Additional cost applies for orders over 5kg. Contact us for quotation.